When you have a baby, you buy a whole bunch of stuff: car seats, strollers, high chairs, bouncy seats, and activity centers. You name it, you probably bought it! But what to do when your children outgrow all of that gear? Rent your baby gear to travelers to make money, that's what. Using products you already own, you can launch an entrepreneurial venture, set your own hours and earn extra income. Babierge makes starting your own baby gear equipment rental company easy. Read on to learn more from Babierge about how to become one of their Independent Trusted Partners.
This story is brought to you in partnership with Babierge.
What is a baby gear rental company?
Baby equipment rental companies make travels easier and more comfortable for traveling families. “Our baby gear rental company, Babierge, aims to take the hassle out of either traveling with, or hosting, young children by renting out baby gear – like strollers, pack ’n plays, cribs, bassinets, stools, toys and more – at a constantly growing number of vacation destinations. Once visitors have chosen baby equipment that fits their specific needs from the Babierge website, an Independent Trusted Associate delivers the items to the customers' locations: hotels, homes or vacation rentals.”
How can parents earn income from renting out baby gear they already own?
Similar to Uber or Lyft, Airbnb, DogVacay and other sharing economy businesses, baby gear rental companies like Babierge use peer-to-peer sharing of goods and services to meet a need. “The Babierge platform creates a marketplace at which Independent Trusted Partners can build their own business, where they deliver, set up, and pick up the gear. Our compensation works like this: We pay Independent Trusted Partners 80 percent of the rental fee and they also keep all of the delivery fee.”
What was the motivation to start Babierge?
“Founder Kerri Couillard stumbled upon the idea in 2011 when she realized her children, separated in age by only 19 months, were no longer toddlers. After her husband pleaded with her to get rid of the unused high chairs, strollers, step stools and cribs cluttering the family garage, Kerri decided on a whim to put an ad on Craigslist itemizing the gear and offering it for rent. She realized she had struck gold when within three days after the initial posting she had made $300 in orders for baby gear she already owned.”
What are the benefits of joining the Babierge brand?
“We at Babierge are committed to creating an atmosphere of loving community around our business, and naturally, with that comes a bevy of benefits and resources for our Independent Trusted Partners to take advantage of.” Below is a list of the many reasons to join the Babierge brand:
• Learn to/be entrepreneurial
• Design the business that works for you and your family
• Do simple, wholehearted work
• Be appreciated and be called a ‘life saver' by your customers
• Have a flexible, low-stress schedule
• Do business while having your kids around
• Stay-at-home job
• Add additional income or grow to make this a full-time job – most Babierge Independent Trusted Partners have more than five orders per month (over $100 per order) and you keep most of the income
• Rent what you already own, stay committed to the brands you already love
• Join a community of other Babierge Independent Trusted Associates
• Gain support and knowledge from those who have worked in this business for over five years
• Have access to lawyer-approved documents
• We support you by driving qualified leads and industry experience
• Make use of your used baby gear
• Babierge supports your business by driving qualified leads and orders
• Leverage your social media networks including the mom blogs and organizations of which you are already a part
• Help other families have a better vacation experience
• Meet new people
What are the steps to becoming a Babierge Independent Trusted Partner?
“Becoming a Trusted Independent Partner is super easy. After a potential partner fills out our survey there’s a quick evaluation and interview process we use to determine if a candidate is the right fit. Once that’s done we set up our new partners with a Babierge account. Then, when they feel they’ve gathered the necessary inventory, we go live!”
Sounds like a pretty sweet way to make some extra dough to me! Want to rent your baby gear? Learn more about joining Babierge here.
Would you ever rent your baby gear to travelers to earn extra income? Let us know in the comments below!
A Note from Travel Mamas: This story is sponsored by Babierge. All opinions are mine, as always.