Travel Mamas paid blogger opportunity
Thank you for your interest in writing for TravelMamas.com! Join the Travel Mamas Team of writers. This paid blogger opportunity is for established lifestyle and travel bloggers.
Currently we do NOT have a need for additional contributors. We do NOT accept guest posts. If you would like to join the Travel Mamas Team, please check this page again in the future to see if we have any openings. We will announce any openings in our e-newsletter as well, so feel free to subscribe.
Why write for Travel Mamas and Travel Mamas At Home
- Be one of a select number of bloggers who write for one of the world’s most popular family travel blogs. Travel Mamas currently receives 100,000–250,000+ page views per month and consistently ranks among the top 50 travel blogs according to Google Analytics data. With your help, I expect the site to continue to grow in popularity and reach.
- Receive $30 payment per non-sponsored post and $130 per sponsored post. (Payment is waived for press trip and comped travel posts.)
- Potential to receive products for review. (You should claim any income or complimentary goods received from Travel Mamas on your tax return.)
- Ability to pitch travel companies (hotels, attractions, visitors bureaus) for discounted or “free” travel as a Travel Mamas contributor for pre-approved stories. (Remember: there is no such thing as a free lunch! You will need to write about these destinations on TravelMamas.com!)
- Receive invitations to attend press trips, sometimes with a guest.
- Up to three links back to your personal blog and social media outlets will be included on the About Our Team page along with your photo and bio.
- Opportunity to include one link per post back to your personal blog as appropriate to the story.
Travel Mamas paid blogger responsibilities
- Pitch lifestyle and travel story ideas to me at least one month in advance for my approval. (Typically I will schedule stories six months at a time.)
- Enter one blog post (500-1,000 words) per month into WordPress by established due dates.
- Include three+ photos with captions in each blog post. Use your own photos, purchased photos, or Creative Commons photos, giving proper credit to the photographer.
- Share Travel Mamas stories (written by you and others) via social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Promote your affiliation with Travel Mamas with an announcement post on your personal blog within one month of becoming a Travel Mamas contributor. Other occasional promotional posts as assigned.
- Include a Travel Mamas Contributor badge with a link back to TravelMamas.com on your blog.
- Commit to writing for Travel Mamas for at least six months. Either party can discontinue the relationship at any time, but I would like to work with bloggers who are committed to working together for at least this long.
Travel Mamas paid blogger requirements
- You must be an established blogger or journalist with clips.
- Substantial social media following and activity.
- Fluency in WordPress.
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills.
- Some formal writing classes preferred.
- Willing to commit to writing one blog post per month for at least six months.
How to apply to be a paid blogger for TravelMamas.com
- We do not currently have any paid blogger opportunities available. If, however, you would like to apply for future openings, we will keep your application on file.
- Send an email that includes all of the following:
- Tell us in one sentence why you want to write for Travel Mamas.
- Indicate your area(s) of expertise from this list: home decor/improvements, pets, holidays, party planning, crafts, gifts, parenting, books, TV/movies, live entertainment, toys, restaurants, recipes, wine/cocktails, healthy living, beauty products, fashion, technology and travel.
- Include links to three of your best stories. If possible, two of the stories should reflect your area(s) of lifestyle expertise and one story should focus on travel.
- Give us your social media statistics, including number of followers on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+.
- Let us know about any creative writing or journalism classes you have taken. When and where?
- Tell us about any children with whom you travel on a regular basis.
- Where do you reside?
- Send us four story ideas: a title plus a sentence or two of description for each idea.
Again, thank you for your interest in writing for Travel Mamas and Travel Mamas At Home!