Halloween was once a one-day event for trick-or-treating through neighborhoods. Now it’s a season; one filled with costume parades, pumpkin patch visits, and parties galore. The happiest Halloween party of all? Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland, of course! Each fall Disneyland gets all dressed up for Halloween with spooky decor, pumpkin-themed treats and special rides and shows. Read on to learn how to join the fun and save money on Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets.
Join the fun
My family has visited Disneyland at Halloween before but we’ve never stayed up late enough to party down with Mickey and friends at the separately ticketed party. (The party starts at 7 pm,which is when we are typically donning our jammies at our house!) This year my kids are ages 5 and 8, which I think is old enough to take the late night plunge into the spooktacular fun. We’ve got our Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets for opening night on September 27.
We’ll be decked out in our scary costumes: a devil, a vampire, a spooky ninja and I am going as…Minnie Mouse. Well, Minnie may not be scary, but she sure is fun. And to me, family fun is the whole point of Halloween! This is a real treat because usually Disney park-going adults are not allowed to come dressed in costume…particularly a Disney character costume.
Mickey’s Halloween Party Highlights
- A fun new feature of Mickey’s Halloween Party, the “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
- “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
- Disney villains arriving amid thunder and lightning to transform Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A., into Villains Square
- The Cadaver Dans ghoul quartet, performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America
- An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
- Photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
- Nearly all the Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
- Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle
Mickey’s Halloween Party Dates
In 2013, Disney is expanding the party to 13 special nights:
- Friday, September 27
- Tuesday, October 1
- Friday, October 4
- Tuesday, October 8
- Friday, October 11
- Tuesday, October 15
- Friday, October 18
- Monday, October 21
- Wednesday, October 23
- Friday, October 25
- Monday, October 28
- Wednesday. October 30
- Thursday, October 31
Save money on Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets
What do you have to do save money on Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets? Buy tickets in advance…that’s it! Tickets purchased in advance for this separately ticketed event are $59 each, whereas tickets purchased on event days are $67 each. (All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Wednesday, October 30, and Halloween Night, Thursday, October 31, are $74 each.) Purchase your Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets now!
Check back next week to see photos of my family dressed up in our “scary” costumes and to get my take on all things Mickey’s Halloween Party!
Have you ever attended Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland? What is your favorite part? Do you have any tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!
A Note from The Travel Mama: As a member of the media, my family was given Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets. All opinions are mine, as always.
All photos by Disney.